Old City Hall and Metro United Church

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by GoM, Jun 25, 2006.

1. GoM

GoM TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Both shots from late this afternoon in Toronto...I desperately wanted to take some nighttime/sunset shots, but I was out at dinner with friends and family, and that's a bit more important ;). I took about 60, 65 shots in total today, about 5 of which are worth a second look at, about 2 of which are worth posting here...neither are among my favourite, but they're not too bad for 'horrendous' afternoon lighting...or at least I don't think.

#1 - Toronto's Metropolitan United Church, at Church and Queen. Massive, beautiful building, and it's tricky to get it all into one shot, but I think I did an alright job...colours turned out alright, anyway. This is the kind of building I can take shots of every day for a year and never get a great one of.

[​IMG]

#2 - Toronto's Old City Hall, now plays host to courtrooms, Queen and Bay Streets

[​IMG]

2. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice ones, GoM! I know your frustration of trying to fit the Metro Church into one shot. And I like the perspective you chose for the OCH shot (and the detail you got in the gargoyle and carvings).

3. PNA

PNA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #2....Good comp. nice shot.

4. GoM

GoM TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks to both of you. It certainly is quite fun acting like a tourist in your own city, wandering about the landmarks with your camera in hand, always lookign for the right angle, light, etc, and getting loads of odd looks..:D