Old lighting equipment I got for free -- need help

julia4480

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

An old lady here in town gave me some older photography lighting equipment for free, a painted backdrop, light stand, some barn doors ( silver reflecting looking ) and some lights. They look pretty old... silver bowl looking. I am too new to know what they are, but are the worth using? I got some umbrellas too, which are older, but fine for now. I thought it was very sweet and didn't want to say no, but don't want to keep equipment if it's not worth using. Any input would be appreciated!!

Do they work? Going from no lighting, to even an old lighting kit seems like a step in the right direction to me. Light is light, even if it comes from something old. I use clamp lights and flashlights, so you are one up on me.

My only concern would be to have them checked to make sure they are not some sort of a fire hazard due to old/faulty wiring.

p!nK

Ok will get right on that. It won't be a pretty pic, but a pic nonetheless. lol

Here you go. Snapped them quickly, so forgive my messy bookshelf in the background.\

Lights002.jpg

Lights001.jpg

They do work. And produce a crud ton of light. I have more bulbs, too...

Would an umbrella work as one? I have those. Don't quite know yet how to attach one, but hey, it was free!

Tape? Taped over the light? Like scotchtape ??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back