older looking picture?

pwnstar max

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello, first off id like to say i used a six-20 target brownie camera to take this picture, and since this was the first time using the camera, i didnt realize how filthy the lense was. so i figured since their were many blemishes on the picture already i would try to make it an "old" looking picture, i used a number 4 constrast filter so achieve a more plain black and white look, no greys. i guess it turned out to dark. so i willl have to dodge and burn and try it again. but i am also thinking about using a fiber based paper that my teacher recommended. its very old paper and is called "india tone". or maybe ill just sepia tone it instead. CC welcome. also thoughts on what else i should do to achieve an old look.

adtownel8.jpg

nothing?? is this in the wrong forum?

Well, I like it. You've certainly achieved the old, gritty look. I just think that the AT&T in the corner is distracting. The contrast is intense but it fits rather well. Other than that, it's really good in my humble opinion.

yeah when i re-print that i will deffinetly burn up there. maybe ill dodge out the at&t. thanks for the response :D

You definitely gt a great shot. I think the at&t in the top detracts from the old-time feel your trying to get here. Also, I wouldn't use the india tone, not sepia. Listen to your teacher!

-Will

Most reactions

New Topics

Back