Ominous Sky

bburton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brucemburton.blogspot.com
A dark, green wedge juts into an ominous sky.

7206-DarkWedge.jpg

That does look surreal. It's a shame that reflection of another building is in the shot.

Is that the Carter & Burgess Plaza? It really stands out in the skyline when it's one of the tallest buildings. I like the perspective you got on it.

wyldkard said:
Is that the Carter & Burgess Plaza? It really stands out in the skyline when it's one of the tallest buildings. I like the perspective you got on it.
Thanks. Yes, that's the Carter & Burgess Building located on the east side of downtown Fort Worth. Like a beautiful woman, the building has many "moods" and appearances depending on the nature of the sky and from what angle you're viewing, as exemplified by the following:

7206-Burgess.jpg

cool shot! But i'm wondering if there's a way to clone the reflection out instead of actually cropping the original... cause the aspect ratio would be much better in order to give an impression of height like the pic just posted ;)

Alexandra said:
cool shot! But i'm wondering if there's a way to clone the reflection out instead of actually cropping the original... cause the aspect ratio would be much better in order to give an impression of height like the pic just posted ;)
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried cloning, but those tiny little lines in the building made it impossible -- at least for me. :thumbdown:

It would probably be easier to run downtown and take another shot, although it's very difficult when one is close to the building on the west side not to catch some other building's reflection. :D

Most reactions

Back