On the Bench

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by Chris of Arabia, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My US Fender Lonestar Stratocaster on the workbench for a clean up, a set of 10's and a set-up. Lighting was just the angle-poise lamp to the top-right of the shot, and a bit of work inside PS to finish off.

[​IMG]

Any comments always welcome...

2. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well that's clearly a loving shot of a cherished item. I like the angle at which you chose to shoot it. And the b/w treatment works well.

3. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Anty. I've had that one a while now, and it's probably the one I pick up and play more than any of the others, it just seems to fit. It was never intended to be a pristine shot of the guitar, just an impression of something that was happening at the time - a pristine shot would at least have had the strings on and no card packet holding the bridge up off the paintwork.

It's not a perfect shot by any means, scratchplate a little too bright and no light getting into the tool drawer (bottom left) which is why it's framed like it is. I think it gets the idea over though.

4. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure about the composition, maybe could do with more rotation to get the head more towards the top left corner/tighter crop, but that shadow and curve is giving me a great sense of 3D! Nice, simple lighting! :thumbup: