One Elephant

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Irminsul, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul 'The Column of Heaven'

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Another shot of one of the African Elephants in a previous photo posted in this thread.

I edited the original post to tone down the raging magenta a bit, to conform to prevailing tastes. I love to compromise and follow useful suggestions.

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    He looks majestic (or she?).
    Is it my eyes or does this photo have a tad too much magenta?

3. Irminsul

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, certainly majestic. I named him De Gaulle, for some reason.

The answer to your first question (he or she?) seems obscured by the photograph, and I was not inclined to get closer for a good hard look. ;)

The second answer is: Magenta? Gee, I just don't know; but I kinda like the colors, though. I was shooting Kodak UC 100 ISO film, not digital. The negative was developed by a local Kodak lab. However, it was a drizzly day - the light rain may have saturated the colors a bit. These elephants are not grayish (like the Indian elephants). And the ground on their pad is reddish to the naked eye. Aside from that, I can only speculate that the lab technicican may have made a "creative choice" and developed the film that way before scanning to the cd.

Here's another elephant (this one is a she) that I posted earlier. This one was photographed with Fuji Reala ISO 100 film on a sunny morning, from a slightly backlit angle. This a younger elephant, standing on a solid, coral-colored surface, picking at some hay strewn in front of it. I had this shot developed by mpix.com. Maybe I should just stick with mpix, and simply wait a little longer for the prints and the jpeg cd to arrive in the mail.

[​IMG]

4. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    IMO #2 need a little tweaking of Levels to boost the colors

5. Irminsul

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Alrighty, then... I'll add it here for ready comparison. I tried to do it carefully, considering the sidelight in this photo. There's also a bit more contrast now, I hope. :meh:

[​IMG]