One Week Old

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Last edited:
Thank you, DRoberts.

It helps when your model just lays happily and doesn't wiggle or anything....well, other than peeing on the table...

I like all except #5 - it looks like there was way too much sharpening on this one to the point where it gives the skin a weird, creepy look. Otherwise, great series.

I like all except #5 - it looks like there was way too much sharpening on this one to the point where it gives the skin a weird, creepy look. Otherwise, great series.

Thanks for the input.

Actually, the only thing I sharpened up were her eyes and mouth, but she's a newborn, so she's still kind of furry, lol. I actually blurred her skin to take attention away from that.

I did have a lot of trouble with the coloring on some of these and #5 inparticular - she's still a not-so-lovely jaundiced yellow, so that might play into it as well.

Also - which one would you all prefer for a baby announcement?

It'd help if these were numbered! Overall they are awesome, though. 5 is my least favorite, the angle is strange and she has a weird look on her face.

If I was the mother, I'd be very happy. 4 is my fave and I would use it on a birth announcement.

Thank you, Kelly - I just saw your baby boy pics and they are just lovely, so I really appreciate your post.

I'm the mommy and since I can't drive anywhere yet (still on painkillers), I figured I'd do something productive with my time, lol.

The pink blanket one and others on that blanket all came out a bit off, but I just couldn't toss it since she actually had her eyes open...maybe I'll pull the originals and start again.

See - all the pink ones are slightly funky. They were all (brown blanket and pink blanket) taken at the same time, same window lighting. Do you think a deeper pink would complement her skin tone better?

Last edited:
ah, well congrats to you on your newborn :D She is gorgeous!!

That first one in your second post.. a few things I noticed- the hand blocks a majority of her face.. and the whites are blown on the blanket. The good news is that since she's yours, you can reshoot and reshoot and reshoot!! :p

The second one is again with the strange angle.. looking up the nostrils is never very flattering. Do you have her on a beanbag? That can be used to get some really flattering angles. Or in a small basket, or anything large to show comparison of how small and sweet she is.

I look forward to seeing more of your work here!

ah, well congrats to you on your newborn :D She is gorgeous!!

That first one in your second post.. a few things I noticed- the hand blocks a majority of her face.. and the whites are blown on the blanket. The good news is that since she's yours, you can reshoot and reshoot and reshoot!! :p

The second one is again with the strange angle.. looking up the nostrils is never very flattering. Do you have her on a beanbag? That can be used to get some really flattering angles. Or in a small basket, or anything large to show comparison of how small and sweet she is.

I look forward to seeing more of your work here!

Thanks. Yes, the hand. She's been gnawing on it since birth, but I agree it is very distracting.

I didn't post the last pink ones before because I'm not keen on them, especially the upright one due to the bad angle you mentioned. That and she looks like an angry little old man on that one.

She's on a pile of blankets, smushed around to the angle I want, but I like the beanbag idea.

Foregive an old man, but I love 4 and 6 I think 6 is the birth anouncment winner. No 4, no 6. no wait wait definatly 4 or 6.
Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back