Only the Stong Survive/99 Cent Store

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fairfax Ave., L.A., CA, USA I once bought a bottle of Italian wine in that store for 99 cents. I've had worse.

Image.jpg

LOL ...

When my kids were very young, I'd give them a fistful of one dollar bills then turn them loose in a 99 cent store. I would argue with the clerks that the item was sixty-six cents.

PS- A lovely image actually. I like it. When you coming back out west?

LOL ...

When my kids were very young, I'd give them a fistful of one dollar bills then turn them loose in a 99 cent store. I would argue with the clerks that the item was sixty-six cents.

PS- A lovely image actually. I like it. When you coming back out west?
Thanks. We will be back in LA in December, and be out West until May. Can't wait to trade wet heat for dry heat.

Sorry to go against the tide but it looks to me that this would look over-processed when seen larger.
Everything is greyish and there are blooms around edges

upload_2016-8-15_14-43-0.png

Sorry to go against the tide but it looks to me that this would look over-processed when seen larger.
Everything is greyish and there are blooms around edges

View attachment 126083

I mean this with respect by why would you pic that out in a good capture? Why would you pixel peep, then point this out? I am trying to figure out the point of it. Not everyone has top of the line equipment and besides, he was capturing it on the fly. It's not like he had plenty of time to control the environment and it was harsh. I think he did a great job on this and to point it out and offer no concrete solution seems fruitless and somewhat demeaning.

What else can I contribute but an honest answer?
He is welcome to show a larger version and, if I'm wrong or change my mind, I'll do it.

You are making several assertions that don't seem to show up anywhere - that he is using low end equipment, that it was done on the fly.

What else can I contribute but an honest answer?
He is welcome to show a larger version and, if I'm wrong or change my mind, I'll do it.

You are making several assertions that don't seem to show up anywhere - that he is using low end equipment, that it was done on the fly.
How about what to do I the situation or editing process. You seem to leave the person hanging like you did when you started a thread for beginners to post what type of photography they preferred and why. Heck, it's so far back I can't even find it. I get that things happen with families but to post a contest and offer no direction is just like this post. You are obviously way better than everyone here and the noobs are low on the forum poll.

Fairfax Ave., L.A., CA, USA I once bought a bottle of Italian wine in that store for 99 cents. I've had worse.

View attachment 126050
I think I took this shot with my a6000 and kit lens, I clicked off three shots, in Intelligent Auto mode, one-handed, because I was walking my granddaughter's dog, and shot from across the street, through the fence around our housing development. I liked the position of the car in this one. I think it was a lucky capture, and thought someone might agree. Ain't photography fun?

It's funny, I call that store the $40 store. I don't think I've ever walked out of there with the wife spending less....

How about what to do I the situation or editing process.

The picture is tooooooo small to see anything and so there's no way to make any suggestions about editing.
If the OP wants better comments, he could post a larger picture.

I personally find the size of the photo and the concept fine.

I personally find the size of the photo and the concept fine. I agree with jcdeboever on his comment. The important thing is to try new things!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back