Opinions of a Canon A610

ggodetuc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Dear friends

I am a new member to this forum.....and a newbie to photography too.........

To kick of with my stay in this forum, I shall post my very thread and lst questions on what type of digi-cam should i get....

Currently I am eyeing on A610 from Canon.

Not sure whether this cam works good and the result shots will turn out better or not.....

I am a nut to photography, so for a start, I just wanna take some macro shots and snapshots thats all.

would lke to get some feed backs on this cam.

Thanks

I got this camera for each of my 4 kids for Christmas. I haven't had the opportunity to check out the photos yet but they all LOVE it.

wow...........

how good you are for getting such an expensive gift for your kids......
envy alot..........

anyway, hope can get opinions and some posting from you....

Thanks

My kids are all older (17, 17, 16 & 13) so they don't need a bunch of stuff. They got the cameras, camera bags and battery chargers. Since it was really only 1 big gift each, I spent more money. They are all out on a dirt bike trip with friends this weekend and hopefully they took photos that I can post. Note - I really liked this camera because of the amount of optical zoom, it took regular AA batteries, the screen flips out and rotates (my girls love this feature since it means they can do self portraits with their friends) and it's still pretty small.

I love the A610. I got one for Christmas from my dad. The quality is good, and there are a lot of features that you can play around with and have fun. I am still learning all of the things that it offers.

ScoobyRoo20 said:
I love the A610. I got one for Christmas from my dad. The quality is good, and there are a lot of features that you can play around with and have fun. I am still learning all of the things that it offers.

ohhh tats good.......

now i am abit worry about the life of the battery, knowing that it take only 4pcs AA size battery and i heard that people saying this will be quite fast to drain off the power when using it, they said lithuim-Ion battery will be more lasting, would like to know also are there zny AA size lithium-Ion rechargerable battery in the market?

thanks alot

I have used the lithium batteries (in my old Nikon that cost me $15 for one battery), regular AAs and rechargeables. The good thing about regular AA is that they are cheep and they last longer in this camera than one would think. I use the rechargables as well, but I always keep a handfull of regulars in my bag. The rechargables that I use are energiser. The recharger is about the size of a small man's wallet and is compact. Holds 4 batteries.
I hope this helps

ScoobyRoo20 said:
I have used the lithium batteries (in my old Nikon that cost me $15 for one battery), regular AAs and rechargeables. The good thing about regular AA is that they are cheep and they last longer in this camera than one would think. I use the rechargables as well, but I always keep a handfull of regulars in my bag. The rechargables that I use are energiser. The recharger is about the size of a small man's wallet and is compact. Holds 4 batteries.
I hope this helps

Thanks alot scoobyroo20.........

ok, with your feedbacks on my inquiries on batteries, i think it have built me up with more confident of using the camera already.......think the time have been getting closer and closer for me to have a A610 on hand.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back