Opinions wanted! But, be gentle lol

TwoPinkFaireez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys!!

TPF virgin here... (I couldn't use my normal screen name of TPF here LOL)

I'm after honest opinions on this shot... I'm very new to anything photography and honestly dont' know anything about it... I just point, shoot and hope for the best... some pics around here are just amazing!! I'd love to learn how to use all the features on my camera... oooh I'm babbling...

Anywho... good or bad, hit me with it :D gently? hehe thanks

DSCF0172.jpg

I like it, but it would be better if the frog was looking at us.

Overall though good first capture! Keep em coming! :)

I think i would like this shot better if the window and tall grass on the left were cropped out,, i find them a little distracting.
also i think i would try to clone out the white (pole?) sticking out the left side of the frogs head..

you've captured awesome detail on the frogs back and the greens and yellows are sweet. nice job!

I like it, but it would be better if the frog was looking at us.

Overall though good first capture! Keep em coming! :)

Thank you! I do have one or two of him looking at the camera, but I just really liked this shot hehe he was tiny, he was only 2cm long!

I think i would like this shot better if the window and tall grass on the left were cropped out,, i find them a little distracting.
also i think i would try to clone out the white (pole?) sticking out the left side of the frogs head..

you've captured awesome detail on the frogs back and the greens and yellows are sweet. nice job!

Thanks!! A friend of mine also said some cropping could help.... and I have no idea about cloning things out... I'm very new to all this stuff lol editing and all that. What program do you suggest? I loved the detail... when the pic is opened on my comp and it's larger (or set as desktop) the detail is awesome.

Nice pic :thumbup:

Thanks hun
:D

Here's a quick crop to give you an idea of something you might look at in this type of picture.

tempfrog.jpg

The only reason I didn't crop is because personally, I like seeing the main object brought to focus, and out of centre, rather then it being the whole picture... and I'm not a photographer by far lol so it's just my personal preference.... is this a bad thing??

The only reason I didn't crop is because personally, I like seeing the main object brought to focus, and out of centre, rather then it being the whole picture... and I'm not a photographer by far lol so it's just my personal preference.... is this a bad thing??
That is a true and proper reason you gave. However, at times compromises are necessary. What sabbath gave you was a quick semblance to draw attention to the main focus. The window was distracting and needed to be cropped out. I gave it a shot, could do no better and believe that sabbath did a good job at it. Had time been available, I'm sure the post coming out of the frogs head would have been eliminated as well.

I understand :D I really appreciate the feedback guys... as I said I'm very new and any info is a great help!! :heart:

nice pic :thumbup:. i do like the crop that sabbath has done.

a book i recommend is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson

if you don't already own this book......buy it. it will take you from point, shoot and hope for the best to hey, i know what i am doing :)

the books explains aperture, shutter speed, metering, and how to set a proper exposure. the book helps you to use the creative zones of your camera.

Thank you :) I've just looked up the book on ebay as I don't know if I can get it here in Australia.... You probably can but ebay is easiest for me!

Most reactions

Back