order vs. chaos

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
wind abs 051515.jpg

Super cool! I kind of want to see what it would look like cropped to include only the window frame. I love the textures of the brick and the stone on the other three sides, but I'm not sure how I feel about that small side window on the left. But I love love love that bendy reflection!

Cool!

Thanks all! Wow, POTM! Never thought it would happen.

Super cool! I kind of want to see what it would look like cropped to include only the window frame. I love the textures of the brick and the stone on the other three sides, but I'm not sure how I feel about that small side window on the left. But I love love love that bendy reflection!

Thanks! I considered cropping but I thought it looked like chaos was intruding into order, so I left it.

I like the smaller window as a counterpoint to the larger one, and the area where the smaller window is includes the regular,predictable, repeating nature of the bricks, so that's gotta stay if the title is to be kept. The title is a critical factor in the success of this photo.

Well seen and captured.

I'm struggling a bit with a couple of things. My preference would be for you to play a bit with curves on this. The blacks could be blacker (whites whiter too but less so) and I think that would be an improvement (subjective opinion - ymmv). I'm also struggling a bit with the composition. You've used an interesting aspect ratio for your crop - almost square. I feel like it doesn't complement the aspect ratio of the widows in the vertical. I'm guessing this is why some viewers are questioning the inclusion of the little window on the left. I think it's a stronger shot with the window included, but the aspect ratio is making it feel out of balance and some are looking for a reason why.

Still a strong shot and my type of subject matter. POTM nomination is deserved. :)

Steve

Thanks Derrel and Steve.

Thanks, Anna Maria

Most reactions

New Topics

Back