Paiute Country

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been studying the Southern Paiute Indians and 'dredged' up this river shot from May looking for stuff in the area for my web site.
780-j0680.jpg

I like it very much. Was the camera near the ground? I can't tell.

I like it very much. Was the camera near the ground? I can't tell.

Just about regular height. I tilted the camera forward though. I think that's what kind of gave the shot some distortion.

very colorful, nice work:D

Thank you. I wish I could have spent the whole day there.

Outstanding shot abraxas. The colors are just screaming on this one.

The place is just so beautiful- from what I've read, several explorers made their way down this river in the early to mid 1800s. Must of been like, follow the yellow brick road.

wow stunning shot.....I love this guy work.

:thumbup: Thanks!

"I tilted the camera forward though. I think that's what kind of gave the shot some distortion."

I need to remember that so I can steal your approach. :)

Good color and composition. Looks like an area I would love to visit.

Wow amazing color combinations and such. Very nice.

Another excellent image! Thanks.

Hi Abraxas.

The texture in the water is interesting, but I would still consider cropping out the front (lower) quarter of the image, possibly even more. It would result in an odd aspect ratio - a panorama, in effect - but I think it would give proper weight to the various elements in the picture.

Thanks everyone! The more I work with the sigma 10-20 the more I'm learning it's weirdness. Oddly enough, I'm becoming comfortable with it.

IF, doing a screen/scroll crop is interesting, clipping out the rocks entirely makes for an entirely different (and cool) shot. Very simple and clean. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back