Paris and Brussels (6 photos)

aaron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures from my family's recent trip to Europe. I'm VERY new to photography so any comments/criticism are appreciated. These were taken with a Canon Elan 7, 28-90 f4-5.6 and either Fuji Superia 200, Kodak Portra 160VC or Kodak Plus-X 125..I can't remember :lol:

1. Brussels

2. Notre Dame

3. Gare du Nord

4. Invalides...I think?

5.Musee Carnavalet

6. Musee d'Orsay

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

ps. first post!

Hi Aaron and welcome to ThePhotoForum!

You sure have "the eye" - I can tell as much.
Not everyone would have tried to capture the CANDLES when they'd take a photo of Notre Dame. Anything, but not precisely something that is the most difficult with regards to exposure, for example.

And you see nice shapes and forms, and interesting light situations, and manage to expose on them well. I like that. Well done. Makes me look forward to many more of your photos.

I love your treatment on the first one, it gives the shot a nice atmosphere! the "gare du Nord" shot is amazing too! can't wait to see more!

#1 if I am not mistaken is Rue du Boucher, a narrow street filled with restaurants and normally tourists. Quite suprising you manage to shoot it without people (almost). Great atmosphere like this. #5 I like quite a lot too.

Danny

Danny, you could be right about the street name, I really don't remember what it was called. I do remember, however, that it separated two sides of a covered shopping center if that helps at all.

As for shooting it without people, I took this shot right after (possibly even during, I forget) a huge downpour of rain, it wasn't the best walking around weather I guess...

Thank you all for the kind words and comments!

These are really really nice shots!!! I agree with the above comments...you certainly have an eye for composing your shot. Welcome to the forum, and I definitely look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Thanks again to everybody for the responses, and believe me, I'm looking forward to seeing more of my photos too! hahahah

Most reactions

Back