4)
IMG_0675forum-1.jpg

5)
IMG_0719forum-1.jpg

6)
IMG_0723forum-1.jpg

Some insight would be nice?

I'll read "insight" as C&C shall I? In that case, per req:
1. Nice symetric composition, but the downhill slant to the right bothers me a little. As well, perhaps a slight darkening of the bright spots between the trees?
2. She does shoot colour! ;) VERY nice - I really like this one!
3. I hate to say this, but I think this is the first of your images I've seen that I don't really like. Again a downhill to the right angle, and teh chains especially so near her head just don't work for me.
4. Hmmm... doesn't say much.
5, 6. I really like these and especially the desaturated colours. I think I would prefer #5 to be composed so that the trunk was coming more out of the bottom middle of the image vice bottom left corner, but it's still a nice capture.

I like the subject and angle of the last one very much. I think this image would greatly benefit from some photoshopping.

I like the subject and angle of the last one very much. I think this image would greatly benefit from some photoshopping.

What kind of photoshopping? I am VERY new to the pp stuff, to be honest, though would love to be able to do some nifty things in elements 6.

I'll read "insight" as C&C shall I? In that case, per req:
1. Nice symetric composition, but the downhill slant to the right bothers me a little. As well, perhaps a slight darkening of the bright spots between the trees?
2. She does shoot colour! ;) VERY nice - I really like this one!
3. I hate to say this, but I think this is the first of your images I've seen that I don't really like. Again a downhill to the right angle, and teh chains especially so near her head just don't work for me.
4. Hmmm... doesn't say much.
5, 6. I really like these and especially the desaturated colours. I think I would prefer #5 to be composed so that the trunk was coming more out of the bottom middle of the image vice bottom left corner, but it's still a nice capture.

Thanks... I always think trees are so cliched, but I am drawn to the often tangly branches of them. No 3 was hard. I was sat right across the park from these people, and using at 400mm handheld. They were the only people sitting within shooting distance, so I took what I could, lol, opportunist like. And yep, the main reason a lot is b + w is that the light was abysmal that night. And bear in mind, I am still only less than a week into using new camera, and have only been using a dslr for a max of about 4 months.

Most reactions

Back