park

LaFoto said:
OK then, danalec, sharing time.
My photos would otherwise not have made their way to this forum, for I don't deem mine worthy enough to be here, but since you asked to share, let me tell you that the fallen tree made me think of these two:

I thought this was a venue for beginners and pros alike. Isn't it? If there is a distinction, I wouldn't have posted mine!! Is there any ?? :?

Yes LaFoto, we both seem to have same set of eyes when we see mommy nature :)

I would say that yes, this ought to be a forum for all photographers - so I was happy to share :).

I wanted to put up a photo of what the parks look like TODAY, only such a short time after those other photos were taken, and I have recently been put in the position where I have the opportunity to take digital photos (someone decided I should become the swim club's new 'photographer' on meets and such, so now I am trying to get used to the - admittedly outdated, but to me still new! - new technology. And in getting used, I am right now experiencing my first blooper, that of losing ALL my pics while shifting them onto the computer (my mistake and I know where I went wrong, but still: frustrating!). Therefore: no pics of how much the parks are changing right now... :(

Editing in:
Oh no. Miracles do happen! I had ruined the uploaded pics, then pressed "Cancel all" on the camera - but upon checking on the memory card, everything's still there. Yay. So stay tuned, I might be back with my very first digital photos of the part TODAY :D.

So - I rescued it, and here you can see what only two weeks did to the parks around here between Friday, 9 April, and yesterday:

51823156.jpg

Compression may do much harm to the photo, for it is an upright one which tend to suffer a lot more from compression than the horizontal ones. But this is one of my first digital photos with the camera that I somehow "inherited". Let's see (it'll be all new to me, too).

Isn't the pic slightly tilted?? Or is it my eyes?

Well, I'd love to say that all the trees are inclined to one side, but...

...I am afraid it is my fault!
I'm still quite unfamiliar with this little display monitor and how to position things.

Other than that though, vertical lines have been my weakness ever since I started taking photos... erm... some town scapes look as if a major earth quake was happening by the time I took the photo :oops:

LaFoto said:
Well, I'd love to say that all the trees are inclined to one side, but...

...I am afraid it is my fault!
I'm still quite unfamiliar with this little display monitor and how to position things.

Other than that though, vertical lines have been my weakness ever since I started taking photos... erm... some town scapes look as if a major earth quake was happening by the time I took the photo :oops:

earthquake :)

Most reactions

Back