Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

I never liked doing portraits but most of mine had to do with the dearly departed, so knowing it brought some sort of comfort to their survivors, I relented.

Fantastic, Terri. I love the way the cherries came out. You could just divide a page in half. Use a marker.

The next theme is yours.
Thank you! That's a good idea about the sketch book. I don't know why I always reach for 9x12 when I prefer to sketch smaller. :rolleyes:

I'll think on a theme but we'll give Sharon the weekend to catch up. :)

So, I guess tjis is related to the thread. The results of my latest shopping spree were deliverd today: a bottle of pen wash and a squeeze bulb to go with it (think rocket blower for camera sensors), a couple syringes for filling pens, 15 ink samples (a free 8-pack an assortment of brown inks, and two specific grey inks), a couple cartridge converters (like a syringe that replaces the ink cartidges), and two Lamy pens in their annual special edition colors - "Strawberry" and "Cream" (fine nibs). This pen company includes a lagnappe - a small gift.

View attachment 274407
This is an impressive new set of inks, Charlie! The names alone sound intriguing.

Iroshizuko is a line of Pilot inks. I love them though the colors are a bit limited (24). Not a big deal with a brush but I don't feel like mixing for a pen. Somewhere I have a list of what the Japanese translates to - things like Bamboo Charcoal, Moonlit Night, Autumn Leaves, and Beautyberry.

Challenge Neglected!

I’ll get to the pineapple eventually. Sorry but I can’t seem to stop painting flowers. It only took 4 years but I finally added stems that I didn’t feel like ruined the painting!

IMG_7765.jpeg

I wish I’d started that middle flower higher.

Challenge Neglected!

I’ll get to the pineapple eventually. Sorry but I can’t seem to stop painting flowers. It only took 4 years but I finally added stems that I didn’t feel like ruined the painting!

View attachment 274505
Terrific work! These stems look great- I love the little feathered look you gave them.

Bring one down, about one half to one third the distance between the other side and middle. Don’t space them out by thirds; put one further to the side from the middle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back