Pentax K200D and 18-55 AL II lens opinions

tasman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just wanting an opinion on this camera, Pentax K200D, 18-55 AL II lens.

I am selling a Bronica Medium format camera on an online clasified and this person is offering this camera, lens and a battery pack with all of the boxes and reciepts in trade. I am asking $450 CDN for the camera. I was selling the Medium format to raise money to buy a Nikon D300. And I thought I might be able to tke the camera in trade and then have a better chance in selling the Pentak.

So I was wondering is this a good trade? What the camera and the lens is like is like? I am a Nikon person but I am considering the trade if it is good.

All comments are welcome, especially from other Pentax users, thanks for reading this.

Last edited:
I'd say so. The Pentax is about $550 new, so its about a fair trade. Although the D300 is a far superior camera, and outclasses the K200D. A more fair comparison would be the K20d and the D300. The K200D compares more to the D80 or D60.

I actually use a k200d. Tough little sucker considering i dropped it on rocks by the beach the other weekend, damge consisted of detroying a older k mount 100-300 zoom lens which was replacable, camera came out better than i expected. I don't think the d300 is far superior though, then again it's personal taste here. main reason why i chose pentax was that i have pentax film camera's and my k mount lens fit on easily, and AA rechargable batteries . Last for ages in a k200d :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back