Pentax's new SLR for the Imerpial Stormtrooper!

Now that is plain oogly to me. Plus it will be a nightmare to keep clean.

And yes, i agree that these and White Macs will be good friends soon enough.

Released just in time for Apple to discontinue the white macs.....

I think they should have done a silvered Pentax so we can revive the whole "which looks professional Black versus Chrome" threads... from many years ago.

Put Pentax in the category of vane gadget ****ery.
Well that's a bit of an extreme reaction, isn't it? It's just one little bottom-rung camera. Don't let it get to you.

I've decided that when I buy a new body I will seriously consider buying an airbrush kit to beautify my K10 body. I'm not sure if corny flames are the way to go or if something bright and highkey would be better.

I am very serious about that. I will do it when the time comes. ;)

I'm with you, I think customized cameras are cool. I don't care about looking super-serious, my images speak louder than my look.

In the Leica community, a lot of people customize their cameras (Leica even offers it as a service called À La Carte). Even more Leica users hate the customized cameras.

a_la_carte.jpg

...and some are quite extreme...

117497d1229383440-limited-edtion-black-paint-m8-silver-m8_cheetah.jpg

Actually, it does not look too bad with the white kit lens. I guess it won't look so good with any other (black) lens; or maybe it is just for people who will never buy any other lens...

Last edited:
Actually, it does not look too bad with the white kit lens. I guess it won't look so good with any other (black) lens; or maybe it is just for people who will never buy any other lens...

Completely agree. It's not that bad looking. But like was said put a black lens on it and there goes the good. Keeping it clean will be a pain in the ass and IMO this was put out for those Star Wars fans. I believe it will be them mostly buying this either to complete a collection or just because they can get everything else Stormtrooper colored, why not get a camera!

My wife has a Pentax ist*DL and she has always wanted a white camera body since she's seen white lenses from Canon. I think I just found her a suitable replacement! :)

Most reactions

Back