Pet photos C&C please

Scout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am very interested in pet photography and tried to get a few pics yesterday. Here are a couple shots with some minimal editing. Let me know what you think.
Canon Xti with 18-55 mm lens

#1 Friend's dog Misty, f/5.6, 1/60, ISO 400
dogpark026b.jpg

#2 My siamese kitty, Sadie f/9, 1/125, ISO 400
petphotos020.jpg

#3 My kitty, Angus f/10, 1/200, ISO 400
petphotos033b.jpg

#4 f/11 1/200 ISO 400
petphotos047.jpg

#5 f/14 1/250 ISO 400, I really wish the telephone pole wasn't there!!!
petphotos068.jpg

Why F14 on the last shot? You could have went with F4 or F5 with that one and ISO100, had a faster shutter and a clearer shots. Same on #4 and the other cat shots. #1 is great!

Usually don't like selective coloring but I think it kind of works in favor for 1. It's a nice dog and the eyes are wonderful! Good job
Tj

Why F14 on the last shot?
To be honest.... I am so new to DSLR that I chickened out on manual mode and tried Shutter priority mode. I'm trying to learn though! This website and the many recommended articles and books are truly helping. Thanks for all the help! :D

I LOVE #1. Super shot.

The cat shots would have been better *IMO* with a higher aperture (lower F#). The leaf in #2 is distracting. The telephone pole in #5 kills the shot. Since you were at F14, the camera had a deeper depth of field (DOF). That allowed the pole to remain partially in focus. I believe that an F5, or better yet an F3.5 would have been a nicer composure. I think your kit lens goes up to a 3.5, correct?

Look at how the grass is thrown out of focus in shot 1. It adds so much for me. Just my 2 cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back