1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Photo apps

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by bsg, Aug 16, 2011.

1. bsg

bsg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi all,

I am on a team working on some photographer oriented applicatons (aiming to make life easier for photographers ;) ).

I don't want to spam anyone, so I won't post any links unless requested.

Our first product is designed to enable a photographer to quickly publish a selection of photos as a slideshow with a MP3 background track directly to their Facebook wall/page (YouTube/Google+ etc in the works)

Would anyone like to offer any application ideas or try out our beta software?

Regards,

BSG

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That sounds more like an app for people who take photos with their smart phones...not really for 'Photographers'.

I have a Depth of Field calculator app that I find pretty handy...but there are plenty of those already.

3. EPPhoto

EPPhoto TPF Noob!

Yea sounds like an app for teens who want to have a jazzy Facebook, not really a photographer. I can't think how this would be useful to me...

4. 2WheelPhoto

2WheelPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A Facebook photographer's dream app, indeed.

5. bsg

bsg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    8) The idea came from a photographer - quick slideshows to showcase his work with a minimum of messing around; as this can get quite frustrating with tens of thousands of photos.
    Facebook was chosen as it's simple to upload a video and get quickly get feedback. Other options would be uploading to the user's website or burn to DVD.