photo contest(s)

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by carlita, Sep 16, 2003.

1. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

i found a flyer on one of the bulletin boards in the photo department yesterday and thought some of you might be interested in this contest.

it's the 24th annual college photo contest sponsored by nikon and photographer's forum magazine. you can get an entry form and other information about the specifics from that link. it hardly costs anything to enter and you have a chance to win money and equipment, not to mention you could have your work published.

now, the website says:
    so evidently the "college" contest isn't limited to actual college students, but is open to high school students as well. and i'm a little confused about the link they give for information about the contest that's open to the general public since it links you to the information for the college photo contest. i think they goofed. :? i'll try to figure out what the story is there and i'll get back to you guys.

anyway, submit some stuff! it'd be fun!

2. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you Carlita for that link

3. photong

photong Typo Queen

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks man. but, im taking it this is an american thing?? it doesnt say anything about what residents can apply for it. I dont want to send in my images and money and them say, "uh oh..too bad...and we cant send it back..sorry man"

4. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

well, i'll see if i can get a more concrete answer to that here in the next couple of days, but i know their site says this right above the links for the contests:

so i would imagine the contests include canada. plus, the entry form i have here mentions that you should send a self addressed stamped envelope for them to return your prints so... i assume they'd send them back to you if for some reason they decided you weren't eligible.

5. Bob_McBob

Bob_McBob TPF Noob!

6. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

Bob,
    I like the Tri-X pretty well. Also love the Portra 400UC, which is what I ordered the 5 free rolls of. Anybody else tried this film yet?

7. photong

photong Typo Queen

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks carlita! :)

ill have to try and see what happens! lmao