Photographing Shows and events, avoiding flash!

RobertaForster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi people, I'm new here and I'd like to ask your help

I'm a photography lover but just a begginer. I would like to take photos of shows, concerts, events. I had my first experience at the Scorpions concert in Manaus, Brazil. I used a Canon EOS IX7, 58mm and a external flash, I don't know much about equipement yet... I'd like to avoid flash for these situations because it kills the natural illumination, but trying without flash, I just can make smudged pics :S There's some special lens for this kind of photography situation?
Look the pictures I took there http://www.flickr.com/photos/scorpions_manaus2007/page2/
The pictures of the concert are in the page 2 till the page 5

Huggs

Hi people, I'm new here and I'd like to ask your help

I'm a photography lover but just a begginer. I would like to take photos of shows, concerts, events. I had my first experience at the Scorpions concert in Manaus, Brazil. I used a Canon EOS IX7, 58mm and a external flash, I don't know much about equipement yet... I'd like to avoid flash for these situations because it kills the natural illumination, but trying without flash, I just can make smudged pics :S There's some special lens for this kind of photography situation?
Look the pictures I took there http://www.flickr.com/photos/scorpions_manaus2007/page2/
The pictures of the concert are in the page 2 till the page 5

Huggs
What ISO Are you shooting with when not using the flash

I've shot a few concerts and bar bands. Bar bands are hard to get great pics for the low lighting in smaller setups. But in either situation I bump my iso to at least 800 or more without a flash usually 1600 gives great light but it does produce some noise. But at 800 I can still bump up the light in PP and they are good enough for 8x10's in quality.

Try out f/ 1.8 and f/ 1.4 lenses, those specialize in low light. You'll still have to bump up your ISO's though.

Hmmm thanks for your reply... I think I need other equipement because my camera uses film APS and I just can fint this filme as ISO 200 =/

They make Aps film in higher than 200. 400 speed film would still give you good results

Thank you, I'll try to find it but this film is hard to find here in Brazil, I think I'll try to get another camera with common film... :-|

Just wondering, but why do you use film and not digital?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back