Photography can be fun!

My favorite sports to shoot are field sports. Football, soccer, track & field, cross country and my all time favorite, baseball. You are pretty well set up for any of those during the daytime.

Cool lens! It definitely has "unique" bokeh. I remember commenting on that when I saw the first shots with it. Kind of "wavy". Enjoy the new opportunities. Birds are a challenge! I can't seem to get enough.
Unique, unfortunately does NOT equate to attractive, but again, given the price... I can live with that!

Totally agree. The Canon 200-400 cost more than my truck!

Congrats on the gear. The images look nice.
Thanks Ron - I'm hoping to get out for more of an acid-test this weekend!

Totally agree. The Canon 200-400 cost more than my truck!
Yep... I've always wanted the Nikon 200-400, but I just can't justify the $8K for a "fun" lens.

Nice. I particularly like the silhouette.

I don't particularly like #3 & #4. Not the shots themselves they are nice, it's the birds that were captured. We get giant flocks of those damn things here in the spring and the fall. Everyone hates them except the car wash businesses.
main.php

"Hand holding" OMGosh, you're kidding right?
I got this lens for Christmas and it has only been used on a tripod!
Let me crank up the RV and I will be there in a few weeks for lessons!
Congrats..

"Hand holding" OMGosh, you're kidding right?
I got this lens for Christmas and it has only been used on a tripod!
Let me crank up the RV and I will be there in a few weeks for lessons!
Congrats..
:lol: It's not hard, really; it's a good 1 1/2 pounds lighter than my 300 2.8 and I hand-hold that all the time.

What does you Nikon 300 come in at. My Canon 300 is about 5 pounds. My 400 is around 8 pounds give or take.

Dang, I'm assuming that is with body attached. Otherwise some needs to tell Nikon that there are lighter, stronger metals these days than cast iron. :allteeth:

Dang, I'm assuming that is with body attached. Otherwise some needs to tell Nikon that there are lighter, stronger metals these days than cast iron. :allteeth:
Yeahbut... if you try and steal it, and I beat you with it, you STAY beat! :D

I missed these before. I see what you're saying about the bokah, but agree it's hardly a deal killer. Lovely shots!

And yes, photography is supposed to be fun, and personal. Always ok to make a buck, but the real enjoyment should come from personal work. :)

Go buy more stuff!

Good ones, new stuff is always a good thing....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back