Photoshop Frames

PhotoJunkieJen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got Photoshop for Christmas... and I'm looking for help with a certain effect.
I want to do a series of 3 or 4 frames... something like this, though this isn't exactlyyy what I was looking for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arss5000/2546169517/

I wish I could find a better example of what I'm talking about. But I'd like to do a series of frames with pictures included to show a progression. You know, like a child on a playground... or a sort of theme with a slight variance to each shot.

How do you accomplish this?

Step 1. Shot a sh*tload of photos over a short period of time (or whatever period of time you want).

Step 2. Open your photo transfer software, and pick out the photos you want to represent the "progression".

Step 3. Create a new PSD file, with the exact same HEIGHT (if you are doing a horizontal progression - left to right), or the same LENGTH (if you are doing a vertical progression - top to bottom).

Step 4. Create a "Selection" path, and save it. Make sure its dimensions are Number Of Shots/Total Length Of PSD file. For example, if you have a 1000pixel width PSD file, and want 5 shots for the progression, you'll have a 200width (or height if you are doing a vertical progression) "Selection" path.

Step 5. Use the Selection path on each photo, and center it on the subject. Then hit Image>>Crop.

Step 6. Drag each individual slice into the new PSD file. Arrange as needed. Profit.

First you will need to figure out the width of each picture you want to include in the set. Then you add up the widths, and click file, and then go down to new, and make the dimensions fit the pictures in the set. Then just copy and paste the pictures into the blank new "window". Hope this makes sense.

For example say the widths are 1000, 1000, 1000, and 1000. make the width of the new window 4000 pixels.

Step 1. Shot a sh*tload of photos over a short period of time (or whatever period of time you want).

Step 2. Open your photo transfer software, and pick out the photos you want to represent the "progression".

Step 3. Create a new PSD file, with the exact same HEIGHT (if you are doing a horizontal progression - left to right), or the same LENGTH (if you are doing a vertical progression - top to bottom).

Step 4. Create a "Selection" path, and save it. Make sure its dimensions are Number Of Shots/Total Length Of PSD file. For example, if you have a 1000pixel width PSD file, and want 5 shots for the progression, you'll have a 200width (or height if you are doing a vertical progression) "Selection" path.

Step 5. Use the Selection path on each photo, and center it on the subject. Then hit Image>>Crop.

Step 6. Drag each individual slice into the new PSD file. Arrange as needed. Profit.
Dam beat me to it, you also explained it better than I did, lol, I suck at explaining stuff

Is there any way to put a nice frame between the pictures just to separate them out a bit? And maybe around the borders as well?

Click on the FX button below your layer settings, and choose "stroke", and position the stroke inside. Apply the same settings to all the layers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back