photoshop questions ...

apphoto08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i hope this is the right place to ask these questions ...

i'm fairly new to photoshop cs2 and use it for basic editing (so far) -

1) is there a way to put a watermark on my photos with photoshop?

2) this one may take some explaining - i have seen some black & white or sepia pics that are all black and white except for the flowers or a small part of the photo that is obviously enhanced and colored. how do you do that?

3) how do you make the sorta dark "ring" around pictures ... it like a darker shadow around the edges of photographs that gives them a more framed appearance - but it's not a border - it's softer than that. does this make ANY sense?

any help for a rookie would be appreciated! :) i probably need to take a photoshop class ...

1. Yes.. a basic option would be to use the text tool and just write on your photographs. A good piece of advice I was given was if you don't want someone to steal it, don't put it on the 'net.. period.

2. This is called selective coloring. Use your magic wand and hold down the shift key, select what you want to keep in color. Copy and paste for a new layer. Go back to your original layer and desaturate it. Done

3. Its called Vingetting. I don't know where that option is in CS2 though since I dont have CS2.

And if you need a photo forum to answer these questions, you should probably pick up a book or take a class somewhere :) (don't take offense to that, just a suggestion)

1) http://www.google.com.au/search?q=photoshop+watermark

2) The selective desaturation either select the parts you want by the means you want (lassoe tool, magic wand, colour select, etc) and then click Image -> Adjust desaturate.
Or add a new hue, saturation, lightness layer, desaturate everything, and then colour the layer mask in areas which you want to remain coloured

3) Use the lens correction filter, it has an option to fix vignetting. Just set it negative instead of positive.

yeah - i definitely need to take a class! i just need to FIND one ... i've had a hard time finding one around me. i'll keep looking! i'll try picking up a book in the meantime too! thanks for your help! really appreciate everyone i've encountered so far on here!

I learned a lot from reading tutorials online (google for photoshop tutorials). There are lots of videos on You Tube also.

I'll give a bit more info on #2:

To desaturate everything BUT say a flower, select the flower with the magic wand or lasso tool. Then click on select>inverse. Then just go to image>adjustments>desaturate. That leaves your original selection colored and changes everything else to grayscale. If you want to tweak the color of your selection, go back to select>inverse and work with the image adjustments.

Often overlooked are the PhotoShop tutorials on YouTube.com. Quality of presentation sucks cuz they are done by people like us. But the content is worth your time.

At YouTube.com do a search on 'photoshop watermark' and it presently shows 37 entries.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back