Pigeon C&C please!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by danman281, Nov 23, 2008.

1. danman281

danman281 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the first picture, I was waiting for a friend while sitting next to a pigeon... The second picture is taken at a bar in Houston. CC please

2. beniteznb

beniteznb TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like your pigeon picture, but it's a little distracting to me how the background is tilted/diagonal and the only other pigeon I see has its back to me. Just me though, and other than what I mentioned I really like the pigeon in front :)
    Nice bar picture, I like the lighting...

3. picmo

picmo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the pigeon picture is quite pleasing. Typically you'd want the focused pigeon right of center, but I think it works because the pigeon is looking off and down into the unknown. Just curious, has anyone here ever seen a baby pigeon? Seriously, do they exist, or do they just hatch adult size?

Great lighting and focus with the bar picture. I would almost like to see the hands doing something more, such as actually pouring a beer from one of the taps. Not sure if the flowing beer from the tap would be a distraction to the still bottles (ying & yang), but worth a look.

4. Resin42

Resin42 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like both pictures, however, 1 needs just a touch of straightening and the highlights pulled back just a shade IMO.

#2 has good lighting but the point of focus seems to be the second bottle. I think the pumps would've worked better.

5. TWoods450

TWoods450 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ahhh a rat with wings.

6. danman281

danman281 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Having other's perspective is really helpful so I can improve!!!

7. RebelTasha

RebelTasha TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    For some reason for the 2nd I would have liked to see the focus on the taps, but that's just my personal preference...

8. NateWagner

NateWagner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1, looks pretty good, I think the subject matter is a little blah, and at least from this monitor it looks a bit dark. but not bad at all.

2, The taps may have been better to focus on, but the lighting really is quite nice. I think it would probably help the photo a bit to get rid of the fingertips from the guy in the photo.

9. stsinner

stsinner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I second that.. I'd avoid trying to get a good picture of a pigeon. Many people are repulsed by these filthy birds, and the thread title alone would taint their objectivity. How about a nice Cardinal...

I know that's not very helpful, but this is the second thread in a few days asking for critique of these vermin, and its perplexing.. Many towns poison them to keep them from covering the town square in feces and lice.

10. icassell

icassell TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I disagree. Although they have been out of control in many places, Pigeons are used as workers (carrier pigeons) and food (squab). They can be quite beautiful with interesting irridescent colors. There was a large pigeon competition at the recent AZ state fair ...

I like the first one in your set, but think the background bird doesn't add much.

Bologna:

[​IMG]

St. Mark's Square, Venice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008