Pirate Decisive moment? C&C please

coldlight66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, here's the background. I'm an art and photography student. As one of my assignments, I was supposed to shoot decisive moments. One of the shots I walked away with, while not a decisive moment, has been getting quite a bit of acclaim, but I can't figure out why? I'm hoping your C&C will help.

girl3edit.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't know why either. I mean, nothing in this photo is in focus.

See, the lack of hard focus is what's been nagging at me, but granted...the original, adn its 8x10 have better focus. I just don't think I have a completely unaltered original anymore.

yeah, but the comp I had to use for this one compressed it into a jpeg...Just one of the many reasons I dislike photo editing.

It's an interesting shot, though. The girl is interesting, what she's wearing is interesting, her facial expression is interesting, etc. It just kind of makes you look at her and go "hm, what's that all about?"

She's a cute girl with a cute expression. Not to be cynical but that would be my guess as to why all the love. The lack of focus kills it to me (although lack of focus isn't always bad and could be intentional - I just don't think it was here).

Agreed, the original has better focus, but I can't seem to find a digital copy of the original anywhere at all...I need to start putting everything on a portable hard drive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back