ronniemc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bonitalakesphoto1_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0077_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

IMG]http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz196/ronniemc_2010/DSC_0077-1_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]

The most interesting one is the third one. Mostly because it is a really bizzar looking bird.

What photography is to me is catching someone's attention, and the first two images really don't do it for me.

Thank you for your honesty. I am working on my compostion and creativity.

They are a bit boring, the only thing that interests me is that road i would like to ride that road fast on my bike, photography wise snap shots

Thanks for your honest comments. I am finding it hard to find something interesting to shoot. Seems like the same ole boring stuff.
Maybe I just have a great camera but have not figured out what to do with it yet. haha
Anyway, be careful on that bike of yours. My hubby took his Ninja around a curve like that and didnt fair too well. Ended up doing a 7 night stay at the local hospital with a broken nose and jaw.

1) Needs to have me added to picture hitting those twisties!
2) I like this the most. Maybe it would have been even better if the pot with the dead plant was not in it..
3) Maybe if the eye was out of the center of the frame...

Great points that I never thought of.
1. Now I think this one would have been better if I had a subject on the road.
2. Never noticed the dead plant.
3. Don't center the eyes?

Try to look at part of the scene for interesting parts, a few month ago i went to a lovely small cove in Cornwall (UK) i could have shot a veiw of the beach but i shot this http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Competitions/Miscellaneous/Image00016/748015052_vznxE-L.jpg because of the lines in the rock
I was shooting a horse show and in the break i shot this
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Competitions/Miscellaneous/Image00010/677339905_u4DdB-L.jpg
On another beach i thought i would try my take on a Lartigue photo
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Competitions/Miscellaneous/BE0C7071/396639803_cQK3a-L.jpg
Think out of the box

Those are great photos! I think some people have an eye and you are one of them.

Thanks for your honest comments. I am finding it hard to find something interesting to shoot. Seems like the same ole boring stuff.
Maybe I just have a great camera but have not figured out what to do with it yet. haha
Anyway, be careful on that bike of yours. My hubby took his Ninja around a curve like that and didnt fair too well. Ended up doing a 7 night stay at the local hospital with a broken nose and jaw.

What do you find interesting? I find that 9 times out of 10, if I go out some place just to shoot without a mission in mind, I'll take very few pictures and most of those photos that I take are going to end up as boring or uninteresting snap shots.

I shoot a lot of people. Like mass murderer a lot. I find people extremely interesting. Normally I shoot portraiture and not a lot of candids, so when I leave the house with my kit I know what I want to do and have it in my head. Even when I go out and do the occasional street photography I have an idea of where I want to go and I get inspiration from that.

I'm no good at landscape photography. I know I really don't have an eye for it. Sometimes I'll be see something that I think will look really good, but if I'm wondering around, more often then not I don't see anything that I would deem photo worthy. That same stuff some one else may by able to make an amazing picture out of.

Also, more often then not, when I go on photo walks, I'm taking more pictures of the people I'm walking around with rather than my surroundings.

Find something you like and something that inspires you and go shoot it. Get an idea in your head of what you want to accomplish and when you come back here and ask questions about your photos, they should be more along the lines of, "I want it to look like this but I haven't learned that technique yet", rather then "I went out shooting, are any of these pictures worth looking at."

Bonitalakesphoto1_edited-1.jpg

Ronnie
The interest in this shot is the road. Crop some from the top and left side of the shot. Keep manipulating it until you find it more pleasing. The portions you will crop do not add any interest to the shot and are distracting.

DSC_0077_edited-1.jpg

I like this shot. You may have cut the bottom of the shot too close to the wheels. Crop some from the top, not a lot - see what it looks like. You may be able to add some contrast to this shot as well, it will not be as flat if you do.

DSC_0025.jpg

If you crop some from the right side of the shot, the vulture's eye will not be center, and you will have some space in front of the bird leading...maybe crop just a little from the top as well.

IMG]http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz196/ronniemc_2010/DSC_0077-1_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]

If you like, try what I mentioned and repost.
Good luck, I think you have a good eye. Even better, you have a great attitude!!!

IMO I love the road shot but the telephone pole is distracting to me (its a problem I have, haha). I know you can't move the darn thing so Id say the next best thing wouldve been to move left slightly and hit it at a different angle. Same on the second. Some might disagee with me on this but I wouldve taken a higher shot here from an angle and tried to gain more contrast. I do enjoy the third shot. What a great bird!

That's what I love about this website. You get honest answers and constructive criticism. This movitates me to take it to a higher level.

I think the cart was a good idea. It seems a little dark, but that's probably my monitor.

I like that muscovy duck. Maybe crop a little from the right?

Most reactions

Back