Please don't beat me up in the playground.

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In 2012, after teaching at my college for 20 semesters, I was "promoted" to Senior Adjunct. One of the very very...very...few perks of that status is free tuition, and so I started training for a second career by enrolling in a paralegal certificate program. I had to do it part time because I had to keep teaching, not only for an income but also to keep that free tuition benefit. (For the record, I trained for a second career because I can't afford my first one anymore.)

As of last week, I am finished with the program.

As of today, after getting the grade for my last class, I can say that I graduated with a 4.0. :geek:

$Geek.jpg
So...kinda proud of myself :blushing:

Oh and by the way, is anyone here a lawyer in the NY Tri-state area and if you are, do you need a paralegal??? :mrgreen:

Great.

Wonderful.

Marvelous.

I've searched Amazon, Google, pretty much every place I can think of - not one single "My TPF buddy is an honor roll student" bumper sticker to be found. Lol

Great.

Wonderful.

Marvelous.

I've searched Amazon, Google, pretty much every place I can think of - not one single "My TPF buddy is an honor roll student" bumper sticker to be found. Lol

I'll make one for you at Cafe Press ;)

Great.

Wonderful.

Marvelous.

I'll make one for you at Cafe Press ;)

I guess that's why your the smart one and I'm the one with the pretty hair.. rotfl

Show-off.

Just kidding - congrats! But you know - if you were able to ace those... perhaps you weren't challenged enough. (or perhaps your deep and penetrating insight will make you a shark among those legal minnows :D - if so, don't forget to floss between meals ;) )

:cheers:

Awesome!!!! I saw the other day on Yahoo! News that paralegal is a great line of work! Good for you! Excellent academic performance, but of course, we've come to expect a lot from you. Way to go!

Impressive. Congrats! My big sis is a paralegal in Tallahassee, FL.

ETA: I think she currently works for the firm of Dewie, Cheatum and Howe!

Hey!

I never really had any doubt in you, but straight A all the time....That's impressive! ;)

I know this is too digital for you (it's too digital even for me) but still :)

Congratulations_For_Good_Grades-Best_Wishes-973_big.gif

and :hug::

Last edited:
I went to college to be a paralegal. Loved it. No longer in the field but law will always be my first love,

Congrats on the 4.0!!!

Congratulations! :D

you can start giving out TPF legal advice to all the new photographers starting their business!

:mrgreen: Congratulations :mrgreen:

you can start giving out TPF legal advice to all the new photographers starting their business!
$internet lawyer meme.jpg

Thank you, thank you everyone! *takes a bow* :mrgreen:

Show-off.

Just kidding - congrats! But you know - if you were able to ace those... perhaps you weren't challenged enough. (or perhaps your deep and penetrating insight will make you a shark among those legal minnows :D - if so, don't forget to floss between meals ;) )

:cheers:

Little from Column A, little from Column B... ;) Cheers!

Awesome!!!! I saw the other day on Yahoo! News that paralegal is a great line of work! Good for you! Excellent academic performance, but of course, we've come to expect a lot from you. Way to go!

The fact that it's one of the few professions that is still growing is one of the reasons I chose it. Plus, we have a good program and it was free for me, which was awfully convenient ;) I also have always been interested in the law. Played with the idea of law school when I was in college but then decided to go into the oh-so-lucrative humanities!

If I could go back in time and re-do college and grad school, knowing what I do now, I probably would have still majored in linguistics but focused on a different area. There are programs in forensic linguistics (think of things like speech analysis to determine if it's really a particular person's voice on a recording) one of them at Northwestern is a 6-year graduate degree but I'd finish with both a PhD in forensic linguistics and a law degree. I could practice as a lawyer and be an expert witness as a linguist, or I could work in research and just consult with lawyers and again be an expert witness.

Oh well. Maybe in my next life ;)

Impressive. Congrats! My big sis is a paralegal in Tallahassee, FL.

ETA: I think she currently works for the firm of Dewie, Cheatum and Howe!

Ah, yes, I've heard of them. They're a massive firm, aren't they? One might say most of the law firms in the country are subsidiaries ;)

Hey!

I never really had any doubt in you, but straight A all the time....That's impressive! ;)

I know this is too digital for you (it's too digital even for me) but still :)

Congratulations_For_Good_Grades-Best_Wishes-973_big.gif

and :hug::

Thanks Marija!

PS - That looks EXACTLY like me!! :lmao:

I went to college to be a paralegal. Loved it. No longer in the field but law will always be my first love,

Congrats on the 4.0!!!

What kind of law did you do?

Language will always be my first love, but the law is quite fascinating (in both positive and negative ways, of course!) I hope I get a real, live job so I can actually be involved with it now :) My internship was at the District Attorney's office, and it was so exciting to be part of the actual practice. My last big thing that I did was to write a motion and the lawyer I was working with really liked it, made only really minor tweaks to a few bits of language, but otherwise, it was all mine. It's a small thing but it felt huge to me when it was actually filed with the court. :)

Make that legal "suggestions" or "information" so I don't get in trouble, and we're all good :)

Last edited:
What kind of law did you do?

Ironically, I did criminal defence for my placement both years. I *swore* it was the one area of law I wasn't going to do. But I LOVED it. I worked for a really awesome husband and wife team and had some really awesome experiences (especially when I realized one of our clients was my ex). My only issue is that when he asked me to work on a case and gather evidence, I inevitably found stuff to make our client look guilty. Whoops. But I did create their entire precedent system which I was darn proud of. I then did some corporate law. I ended up working for the government for the 4 best lawyers in the world. :heart: I love those 4 and am still very close to them. It was for OHIP (Ontario health insurance plan) so appeals, physician fraud, government lawsuits ect. I miss it.

Most reactions

Back