Please help

MPowerM3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
122.jpg

How is this done in CS2 (the black and white background under the colored car)??

If theres a write up already or a place I can print out directions that would great.

Until somebody shows up that can give you specific steps, I'll get you started.

Starting with a color pic (of course), use one of the selection tools to select the background (everything except the car). Then desaturate the background, or convert to black&white, leaving only the car in color.

Sorry to not be more detailed, but I have to run right now.

JD

Make a duplicate layer (Ctrl-J)...then carefully select the car (there are several methods). Inverse the selection (image/inverse). Then make sure the top layer is active and create a layer mask (click mask button on the layers pallet). What this does, is create a mask over the car in the top layer...so that the bottom layer will show though. Now make sure that the top layer is active and get rid of the color (there are several methods).

The advantage of the layer mask, is that you can make the mask active and use the brush to paint it on or off, so you can fine tune it.

path the bg using the pen tool and make a selection with the rendering feather radius of around 0.2 pixel and anti-alias checked. use the hue and saturation and slide saturation down to -100. don't forget to blur the edges a bit.

Similar to Mikes but an adjustment layer does a very similar job.

I'd duplicate use a channel mixer adjustment layer and click the monochrome box. Adjust the channels to get the B&W correct.

Now click on the white mask adjacent to the adjustment layer and paint black on it. This hides the adjustment layer on the area you paint and brings through the colour detail from the layer below.

Zoom in tight with a smallish soft brush to do the edges. if you make a mistake just paint white to correct it. You don't need to use the selection/pen tool but you can if you need to be 100% accurate.

Pretty easy to do. Once you have completed save the layered file and you can go back and change it whenever you like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back