Please I Need Your opinion

H
The D500 is the best camera, but I am not sure it is worth the extra money. I have been trying to talk myself into one for a while, but given the price and the extra weight, I decided to stay with my D5200. It is an earlier model, but DXO mark has the image quality about the same as any D5x00 model, just without some of the bells and whistles. Anyway, if you go with the D500, you would likely match it with the Nikkor 16-80 DX lens, which is another $1,000, although you can certainly get by with the Nikkor 18-140 DX for about half the price. I personally would go with the D5600 with the Nikkor 18-140 DX lens, but I have no illusions about doing this professionally.

The 800d is a whole other animal. I don't really think you can compare the two. It is an FX sensor and you would need full frame lenses, which are more expensive than their DX brothers.

Hello, I for your answer and for the lens recomendation.

I just got an offer for 800d 2250$ and you Sir told me that it's a full frame. I'm talking about the Eos 800d not D800. (Or there's a 800d full frame?)

You are correct. I had Nikon on my mind and thought you were talking about the Nikon D800. I don't know much about the Canon series but $2,250 seems high for 800d (aka T7i) unless you are getting some good lenses.

H
The D500 is the best camera, but I am not sure it is worth the extra money. I have been trying to talk myself into one for a while, but given the price and the extra weight, I decided to stay with my D5200. It is an earlier model, but DXO mark has the image quality about the same as any D5x00 model, just without some of the bells and whistles. Anyway, if you go with the D500, you would likely match it with the Nikkor 16-80 DX lens, which is another $1,000, although you can certainly get by with the Nikkor 18-140 DX for about half the price. I personally would go with the D5600 with the Nikkor 18-140 DX lens, but I have no illusions about doing this professionally.

The 800d is a whole other animal. I don't really think you can compare the two. It is an FX sensor and you would need full frame lenses, which are more expensive than their DX brothers.

I just got an offer for 800d 2250$ and you Sir told me that it's a full frame. I'm talking about the Eos 800d not D800. (Or there's a 800d full frame?)

You are correct. I had Nikon on my mind and thought you were talking about the Nikon D800. I don't know much about the Canon series but $2,250 seems high for 800d (aka T7i) unless you are getting some good lenses.

Hello, i think that the store manager also had the D800 on his mind.

Do you think i can use the D5600 to start shooting Wildlife and sports?
I also really love timelapse

H

Of course you can

H

Of course you can

Thank you your fast reply.
In my country the d5600 body only cost 600$
And my budget is 750$; what all around lens should i get to star with?

Try to get a Nikon 18-105mm f3.5-5.6.
It's a good general purpose lens

For 150?
I think that's your best option for this money. I sold one recently for approx that money. You'll probably need to buy second hand

For 150?
I think that's your best option for this money. I sold one recently for approx that money. You'll probably need to buy second hand

Oh ok, i'll try to find one.
Just one more question:

Will the d5600 help me improve my photography?

If i buy it, it will be my first dslr and that's why i'm scared...having wildlife photography my main concern

Yes I would think so. It's a full function dslr with very many options.

Yes I would think so. It's a full function dslr with very many options.

Thank you, the thing is, people keep telling me that i need a lot of focusing points and ... $$$$ for wildlife

You don't.

More sophisticated autofocus systems might make things a little easier, but your camera will do great.

Buy it and don't worry about it

You don't.

More sophisticated autofocus systems might make things a little easier, but your camera will do great.

Buy it and don't worry about it

Ok, thank you so much

My thought from the start is that you should go with the D5600. It has a lower ISO range than the D500, but for still shots it is not rated much different in image quality if you are using the same lens. I shoot wildlife with a D5xxx series and have not had major issues with the autofocus. It has 39 focus points, which is more that I ever use. At most, I use 9. The kit lenses for this camera, are decent. I personally use a Nikkor 18-140mm most of the time but have gotten some very nice wildlife photos with the Nikkor 55-300. I understand the new AF-P 70-300 is better. Best deal I've seen is the D5600 kit with the 18-55 and the 70-300. At the kit price you are only paying about $100 to $150 per lens for two decent lenses.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back