Please, just one more try...

Good exposure, good timing, good conversion, nice slice of life ... needs a tighter crop.
Hmm.. I can see that. What would you suggest? IOff the top and right side?

Great capture; not sure I agree on the crop. Definitely nothing off the top, and maybe, if you had to just a bit off the right, say at the division between the two types of machine. Don't crop the row of identical machines though.

Great capture; not sure I agree on the crop. Definitely nothing off the top, and maybe, if you had to just a bit off the right, say at the division between the two types of machine. Don't crop the row of identical machines though.
Thanks! I kinda felt the same about it, I liked the row of identical machines and the "space" in it (I didn't want it to feel cramped). I'll have to play with crops when I get home. I like the idea of taking off the bit on the right with the different machine.

My instinct is to want to crop the left, because of the somewhat eye catching lighter tone in the brighter light, and because the people wandering back there aren't part of what's happening, they're another photo altogether. Not an interesting one necessarily, but a different story than the 'daaad, please?' story.

My instinct is to want to crop the left, because of the somewhat eye catching lighter tone in the brighter light, and because the people wandering back there aren't part of what's happening, they're another photo altogether. Not an interesting one necessarily, but a different story than the 'daaad, please?' story.
Thanks Sharon! I'll play with different crops and see how they look. (And post later tonight or tomorrow.)

The kid needs to cut his loses, and give up. The money would be better spent on a snack or drink, he will be happier in the end. :)
Those machines are rigged!

Great timing on the photo, good work! :)

The kid needs to cut his loses, and give up. The money would be better spent on a snack or drink, he will be happier in the end. :)
Those machines are rigged!

Great timing on the photo, good work! :)
Thanks! Agreed on saving his money (and his parents' money)!

Those machines are definitely rigged. :(

My sister just read a whole article a few months back, that said how they are programed to drop the prize just a little early, so it misses. :(

My sister just read a whole article a few months back, that said how they are programed to drop the prize just a little early, so it misses. :(
Yeah. They'll also change the tension, so it won't even pick anything up.

The one arcade we passed boasted a guaranteed win in $10. Each play was a quarter. Total ripoff.

Yeah. They'll also change the tension, so it won't even pick anything up.

The one arcade we passed boasted a guaranteed win in $10. Each play was a quarter. Total ripoff.

1 OUT OF 40???? That is nuts! :aiwebs_016:

To me, this is a story on the moment you caught, not about the soft backlighting or the row of empty gaming machines. This is a story about people, not a landscape story of the arcade. I would crop tight, (but I am a tight freak and tend to shoot very tight). I'd crop to the top or near the top of the 'father's' head. I'd crop from the left to about the backpack, crop up to knees (no skin showing on the kid) and from the right, I'd crop to the seam which is three handles in from the right edge. At a minimum I'd crop from the top and left to the top of the head and the backpack, leave the bottom as is and from the right to the first seam.

Not sure about cropping -I like the vista of the machines - makes them more threatening en masse ready to rob you , especially in mono .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back