manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah, you heard me right.

I went to do a shoot of a local appartment complex today, and it turns out they have a wastewater treatment facility on-site. I have to say this thing was completely fascinating... and really gross. :lol:

Where I was standing taking the picture was actually a grate, and if you looked down you saw, you guessed it... floating poop. Like maybe 3" under my feet.

That giant thing off on the left there is this big spinning bizarro metal thing that, as near as I can tell, basically amounts to a biological wet/dry filtration system. There were various other poop vats throughout the facility.

I wish I actually had some time to take some better pictures in the space, but it was really just a "get some shots of this so we have it in case we need it and get out" kind of situation... plus I was rather afraid of being splashed by the poop churning device. :lol:

totally bizarre...

grt rd act - 213 tpf.jpg

Crap shack?

:lol:

Did you consider straightening the vertical lines a bit, cropping the ceiling and dodging the shadows?

-Pete

Attachments

• $grt%20rd%20act%20-%20213%20tpf.jpg
    $grt%20rd%20act%20-%20213%20tpf.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 117
No, though I must admit that makes a much more stunning picture of the gigantic bio-log thing. :)

(seriously, nice edit...)

Gross. I can only imagine the smell. ...Under your feet!?

And that building/plant is RIGHT NEXT TO THE APARTMENT BLOCK? :shock:
Ugh.
They usually build the wastewater plants far outside any community here - because of the foul smell emanating from them. I would not want to live in an apartment right next to such kind of plant! (Which isn't about the photo as such, but Pete's edit is all I can see, anyway, your original one refuses to show up other than in the shape of a red x).

It's actually an interesting photo. I like it.

haha, thanks. I bet there could have been some pretty cool shots in there if I had some more time.

Gross. I can only imagine the smell. ...Under your feet!?

You know it! :lol: It actually wasn't NEARLY as bad as you would think... I think there were a lot of chemicals in play to break down the, um... substances.

the is a nice photo. i wonder what that is.

It's a poop shed! :)

And that building/plant is RIGHT NEXT TO THE APARTMENT BLOCK? :shock:
Ugh.
They usually build the wastewater plants far outside any community here - because of the foul smell emanating from them. I would not want to live in an apartment right next to such kind of plant! (Which isn't about the photo as such, but Pete's edit is all I can see, anyway, your original one refuses to show up other than in the shape of a red x).

Really? Shows up for me fine. Odd.

Yeah, it was about 30-40' from the "leftmost" building of the group. too funny.

Most reactions

Back