Poor man's 600 - Bluejay, cardinal grackle

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to see how the Tokina paired with my kenko dg 2x TC (it doesn't record exif) It was crappy weather so I set up in my back yard with flash ready. I had a couple willing participants. These are wide open (except 1) so 600 f5.6 equivalent.. comments welcome..

1 Stopped down to f4 (f8 eqv)

Blue Jay 3 by krisinct, on Flickr

Blue Jay 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

3 too noisy but i liked the pose

Grackle by krisinct, on Flickr

4 cropped a little to aggressively?

Cardinal by krisinct, on Flickr

Looks like the combo works well! Decent detail!

Worked better than I expected. I would do this instead of getting a real 600mm to save money.

I love em! #1's my favorite.

Kevin

Looks pretty darn good to me. Looks like a nice money saver. Any lenses you find it doesn't work with yet?

Looks good.

that looks very good! especially for a 2x! did you AFtune it? not that it really matters, just curious.

the shots are looking great!

Looks like a great way to get what you need for less. Great images!

Looks pretty darn good to me. Looks like a nice money saver. Any lenses you find it doesn't work with yet?
This is about the lens :) The 2x hasn't worked very well with any other lens

that looks very good! especially for a 2x! did you AFtune it? not that it really matters, just curious.

the shots are looking great!
I did spend some time messing about with fine tune.. I ended up at +14 actually. Not surprising I was at +10 with the Tamron...

I do like the bokeh this lens produces. At 600mm even at F4(F8 eqv) the DOF is very thin. These were shot on a rainy crappy morning so I can't complain too much. Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back