Possibility of 126 being made again?

Kotobukicat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.

What are the chances of 126 being manufactured again? I normally use Canon gear from the mid seventies and Mamiya stuff from the sixties with the old screw mount lenses. However, I also enjoy using 110 with new film from Limography, and now that I have found my old Minolta 126 instamatic I would like to use it again. I had that camera from when I was about 10. What do you all think are the odds that someone will start making 126 carts again?

Thank you very much!

Joe

A friend has a Pentax110 Auto outfit--tiny ILC with some nice lenses. Film still apparently available--somewhere...

I cannot use the 35mm film method because my Minolta camera uses a lever to stop film advance by catching the "sprocket" hole in the 126 cartridge. With 35mm film, the sprocket holes would not allow for proper film advancement.

A friend has a Pentax110 Auto outfit--tiny ILC with some nice lenses. Film still apparently available--somewhere...
Hi,

Can you ask him or her where?

Thank you very much,

Joe

Hi,

Can you ask him or her where?

Thank you very much,

Joe

The adapter has interested me.

Who knows? Analogue World has 127. 110 is back. Why not 126?

Most likely Lomography is not making a boat load of money with 110. I have made my first purchase from them last week. I am going to order from them on a weekly basis, to try all of their film stock, put some away in my deep freezer, and shoot some. I am very grateful to Lomography for this.

I just hope that someone, somewhere has rescued the injection molding dies from Kodak or Fuji for the 126 cartridges. If that has occurred, there is a slight possibility that someone might produce 126 again.

My Minolta 126 camera that I have had for 5 decades cannot use 135 mm film because of the sprocket holes. It uses a lever to register on the one hole per frame of 126.

I just bought myself a Yashica model 44 so I could shoot 127. Film is coming back, and I think it has to do a lot with the fact that a emulsion based image is not ephemerial like digital. I love my Canon digital camera, but I know that one really bad sun explosion will destroy every digital device and the data therein in seconds. The photos that I took as an 11 year old little boy will still be in the photo album on my shelf ready to view.

Joe

Most likely Lomography is not making a boat load of money with 110. I have made my first purchase from them last week. I am going to order from them on a weekly basis, to try all of their film stock, put some away in my deep freezer, and shoot some. I am very grateful to Lomography for this.

I just hope that someone, somewhere has rescued the injection molding dies from Kodak or Fuji for the 126 cartridges. If that has occurred, there is a slight possibility that someone might produce 126 again.

My Minolta 126 camera that I have had for 5 decades cannot use 135 mm film because of the sprocket holes. It uses a lever to register on the one hole per frame of 126.

I just bought myself a Yashica model 44 so I could shoot 127. Film is coming back, and I think it has to do a lot with the fact that a emulsion based image is not ephemerial like digital. I love my Canon digital camera, but I know that one really bad sun explosion will destroy every digital device and the data therein in seconds. The photos that I took as an 11 year old little boy will still be in the photo album on my shelf ready to view.

Joe
Analogueworld out of the UK has 127. It sells out fast, but they get more fast.

Thank you very much! There are several sources in the U.S that slit and re-spool bulk 120 film for 127. Same for 620 for the old Argus 65.

Here is the next question... and it is a looooooong shot...

Does anyone know if there are any injection molding dies floating around for the three parts of the 126 cartridges? <IF> say a group of enthusiasts got together and wanted to bring 126 back from the dead, the most expensive thing (and it would be a MAJOR expense) would be to get the dies made for the carts. Everything else would be doable for a determined group to pull off. Bulk film is easy, aa automated punch for the one hole per frame would not be too hard, even backing paper is doable. The dies however, would be horribly expensive. There are companies that can do the injection molding (if you have the dies) for a reasonable amount.

I'm too old and busy to try this. It would take a dedicated group to successfully pull this off, along with a good Kickstarter fundraising effort. It is a good thought exercise though...

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back