Post holiday mail.

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I ordered the 5D mk iii. I have never been this impatient waiting on a camera.

I could see getting impatient for a Nikon.. but a Canon... give me a break! lol! (yes.. kidding!)

One from work the other day.
AAV sunset by Ingerson Photo, on Flickr

I like it... but it needs a bit more contrast between the sky / clouds, as they are so dark, the vehicle blends in too much with it.. makes it hard to discern what it is....

Edit: On FLickr, with a Black Background.. it is not as bad as it is here with the white background....makes a difference! Still a little dark though...

Last edited:
Thoroughly impressed. I moved up from the 7D and will probably use that more as a paper weight than a back up camera. lol

The things I love about it other than the obvious stuff (high iso performance, focusing etc.)

1. The wheel setting is locked. You wont mistakenly switch it to other mode (mine kept switching to BULB on 5d2... annoying!)
2. Silent mode... OMG!
3. You can set minimum shutter while using Av and Auto ISO! Not sure why a lot of Canon cameras did not have that!
4. Multi exposure!
5. Better button customization!

You should program the SET button (the middle of thumb wheel) to ISO. You know how when you change the ISO while you look at the viewfinder, the light meter stops working? If you use this setup you can change the ISO while looking at the meter. You will know how many stops under and over. It will be like changing shutter or aperture. Give it a shot and compare it with changing the ISO using the button on top. A lot better!

The things I love about it other than the obvious stuff (high iso performance, focusing etc.)

1. The wheel setting is locked. You wont mistakenly switch it to other mode (mine kept switching to BULB on 5d2... annoying!)
2. Silent mode... OMG!
3. You can set minimum shutter while using Av and Auto ISO! Not sure why a lot of Canon cameras did not have that!
4. Multi exposure!
5. Better button customization!

You should program the SET button (the middle of thumb wheel) to ISO. You know how when you change the ISO while you look at the viewfinder, the light meter stops working? If you use this setup you can change the ISO while looking at the meter. You will know how many stops under and over. It will be like changing shutter or aperture. Give it a shot and compare it with changing the ISO using the button on top. A lot better!

Thanks for the tip Robin, I'll give that a try. The locking wheel is actually something I don't like. I never had an issue before and it kind of erks me that I have to stop and pay attention on that. lol. I agree totally with the silent shutter mode. (AWESOME)

I've played with the multi exposure and love it. Time to dig deep into the manual and menus now that the "Holy crap this camera is so AWESOME" phase is calming down. lol

Mine is almost as sexy as yours :p

740391_10200230152301223_282416678_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back