Post your creative edits with techniques & instructions.

I really like this thread, I find it interesting - I especially like the add from myphotoguy (nice to see where you can take an image). Does anyone else have some creative edits with before/after?

No before shots with these, but they are both composite images shot with the camera on a tripod.

This first image was fairly simple. It's one shot with a strobe setup behind the image and a reflector in front to expose the food correctly. The second image was an exposure at a slow enough shutter speed with not flash to expose the screen. I used the pen tool and cut out the screen from the longer exposure and placed it over top the screen from the exposure using the flash:

This one had a little bit more editing. The lighting setup was one light with a gride aimed at the person on the chair, one light with a reflector aimed at a back wall to provide a very low fill light, and a light outside placed behind the zombie impersonator. From there, the photo was shot the same as the one above with an exposure for the strobes and one for the TV. It was combined the same way in post as well. After that, I used the pen tool to outline the guy in the chair and the chair and created a new layer via copy. The I placed a texture between the background and the layer with the person and chair and the lair with the tv screen. I then reduced the opacity on the texture layer so that it wouldn't be too overbearing or distracting add a bit of grit and dirt to the image. The last thing was creating a new solid fill layer and giving it a dark yellowish/gold color. I changed the layer type to overlay and pulled the opacity back on that layer so that the yellow wasn't over powering, but added a warm sick color to the image that was originally a bit cooler. That layer was placed over top all the other layers.

Last edited:
I did this for a guy on this forum a few weeks ago. Pretty much used stamp and healing brush tool and masking. Cant really give step by step. Almost like painting. I also selected the license plate only and brighten it.

This is a cell phone photo but it really meant a lot for him.

IMAG0127-1.jpg

IMAG0127-1-Edit.jpg

Looks good. That's how the rig shot edits are. A lot of little strokes, like painting the picture back to the way it's supposed to be. Even when I patch areas, I have to go back and use cloning, smudging, burning & dodging, and other tools.

My daughter and her new husband took these on there honeymoon in Mexico. I put them together as a surprise.

First two photos are the originals.......

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

This is the end result...........

ChrisJenicopy.jpg

Not the most creative, but an achievement for me!:lol:

And now that I look at this I don't know why I did not do it in portrait orientation!?! Oh well, a project for another day.

Last edited:
snnnaaaappppssshotsssssss

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back