Preparing for Preakness

Pesky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were shot at Pimlico, home of the Preakness, on the Thursday before the race.

Preaknesssunrise08001.jpg

Preaknesssunrise08027.jpg

Preaknesssunrise08072.jpg

These look like good shots, not really artsy but good for magazine/promotion. I never noticed how weird those saddles are.

I like the first one, but wish you had a slightly different angle on it so that the horse did not blend into the stands so much.

I like the first one, but wish you had a slightly different angle on it so that the horse did not blend into the stands so much.

Thanks. I know what you mean about the angle. There was a chain link fence below me so I could not get lower to shoot up.

Thanks. I know what you mean about the angle. There was a chain link fence below me so I could not get lower to shoot up.

That's what sucks about events like this. They are so popular us people who wanna take good shots aren't allowed into the good spots.

That being said, I think you did an awesome job. Maybe in the future, you should play around with slowing the shutter speed and panning with the horses to really get the motion blur going. I'd love to see some shots of this quality really capturing the speed of the horses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back