Pretty happy with my metal print from Costco!

Looks good. We do metal printing here at my lab. Simple process really, print it, heat press it and your done. They remind me of the old metallic RA-4 paper I used to print on which I miss, the new so called metallic inkjet papers are not anywhere close to old RA-4 paper.

I have something that I want to print on metal. Going to check and see if you can use Costco photo services if you’re not a Costco member...

I love this! Reminds me of Lisa Frank!
Ahh! So funny you mention her, I just ordered a hoodie with a neon rainbow tiger graphic that I said reminded me of her work.

The colors are real though, which makes is pretty magical, I think. :)

Wow! Wow! Wow! Great image and a equally great print. I love Costco.

Thank you! I’m a big Costco fan myself. Though it’s a little dangerous to buy dried mangos in bulk, like they get me to every time.

I have something that I want to print on metal. Going to check and see if you can use Costco photo services if you’re not a Costco member...

Make sure you download the printer profiles to calibrate to! After that, I originally ordered a test print from them to calibrate my monitor to. - not as simple as ordering from mpix and their standard color profile, but a heck of a lot cheeper!

If you know anyone with a Costco card, you can always have them do an online and ship to home order. :)

I’m not a Costco member (anymore) but I have to wonder if they’re contracting these through Aluminyze. I get mine from Aluminyze and I ordered the test prints (four small 5x7 prints (their photos... not mine) to show off the options).

I have really been impressed with their work... not just the look of the prints... but the reproduction accuracy. I’ve ordered images from other labs where I’ve not been happy with that aspect of the print.

Not sure about Costco... but Aluminyze basically offers four options... matte vs. glossy... and uncoated aluminum vs. white coated aluminum. (Keep in mind there is no “white” ink in a printer... anything that should be “white” just means no ink will be applied... so bright “whitish” areas in uncoated aluminum means you’ll see the metal shining through. Since the metal can have an interesting shine to it, this can be attractive with the right type of print. But keep in mind that aluminum is basically a light gray (not really “white”). Hence they offer an option where the metal is painted with a white coating before the print is applied.

Glossy white is my favorite.

Looks good. How much did you buy it f0r?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back