Preview of photos taken on a laptop?

XtremeElemenT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been using my laptop as a picture preview screen. I have my nikon connected to the laptop via usb port and when i take a picture it then goes to the laptop and i click it to open it. Now ive seen some fashion/model photographers do the same thing only they have their pictures open in full view taking up the whole screen where as mine i have to keep clicking a little icon to view it. Is there a program like, idk, lightroom where i can take a picture then lightroom or some other program loads a full view of the picture i just took without having to manually click it to view it?

btw im using windows vista.

NVM: answered my own question lol

Answer: Camera Control Pro2 yay more money to spend

NVM: answered my own question lol

Answer: Camera Control Pro2 yay more money to spend

You have just warmed a small piece of my heart. It always bugged me that unless you buy L glass from Canon you had to buy the lens hood aftermarket. Everyone else includes the hood with their lenses including Nikon. Canon gives you camera control software with the body. I know, a small thing, but at least they don't sound like a complete scrooge. :D

Honestly, I prefer the lens hoods to the camera control software. I mean, honestly, how often do you tether your camera to a laptop? Now how often do you shoot outside?

You could also just take the video out from your camera and walk around with a small 7-9" portable DVD player and use it as the LCD playback screen too... and it's free.

Honestly, I prefer the lens hoods to the camera control software. I mean, honestly, how often do you tether your camera to a laptop? Now how often do you shoot outside?

You could also just take the video out from your camera and walk around with a small 7-9" portable DVD player and use it as the LCD playback screen too... and it's free.

Me too!!! I'm just glad to see that somewhere in the DSLR world there is another company besides Canon that was stingy somewhere with what should be a no brainer to include product. :D

Were talking what; $2.00 at most to produce the simple plastic hoods? Give me a break Canon... And God forbid you ever need to replace a spun metal hood for the 400mm, 500mm, 600mm or 800mm. Sell your first born.:confused:

Nikon doesn't even give upgrades to their software. They recently gave away NX with the D3 and D300... but then 4 months later, come out with NX2 which isn't a free upgrade. Bah.
Oh well, gotta pay for quality, I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back