Price?

Sunnygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon D60 that I'm going to list on craigslist or ebay. It's about 8 months old and in great condition. I just decided to upgrade to a Canon 40D. Not sure what a fair price is? My husband bought it for $649 last December. I will include everything that came in the initial package including a 18-55mm lens.

Any suggestions on price?

Thank you!

just so you know, your not likely going to get anywhere near the 649 you paid.. i saw one on my local kijiji the other day for $400.. unfortunatley the lower end DSLR's loose value really quickly..

did you check on craigslist / ebay for what you are selling to see what the market is buying at?

I'd start with there. But if you feel 649 is a fair price, go with that. If you dont get any hits in a few weeks, then bring it down by $xx.

I definitely don't expect to get $649 but was hoping to get close to $500. Seems like everywhere I look, the prices vary quite a bit. Does $500 sound like too much? If so, what would you suggest?

It's like selling a house .... presentation and the right buyer ...

Do you have all the original packaging? Does it look pretty? How quickly do you need to sell it?

500 and free shipping would seem like a good deal. Is the lens the VR lens?

Craigslist here as a D60 + 18-55 VR lens for $650
Craigslist in surrounding cities:
D60 body only $300
D60 + 18-55 VR for $501
D60 + 18-55 VR + 8gb memory card + 2 yr warranty for $700
D60 + 18-55 + 55-200 for $600

**these are canadian $$

So the price can vary somewhat.
If you want a quick sale, find the lowest price already listed and sell yours for $10 cheaper

Really depends how bad you want it to sell I suppose...

The thing is, Nikon recently announced the D3000 which is the successor to the D40/D60 and is supposed to retail for $599 with kit lens.

if I were you, i'd put it on craigslist and kijiji, and advertise it for 500 OBO..

Yeah, $500 OBO is going to be a pretty good initial offer. You will get offers for less, but you can hold out for something close to the initial asking price.

Especially being CAD, and not $500 USD which would be about the $550CAD that you found the listing for.

you can always keep it as a backup camera as every Pro has one and if you're not a pro yet then i'm sure very soon you will be :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back