Pricing Question

jonrote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm asking this question on behalf of my sister so please forgive me for not having a ton of information. She has recently decided to take her hobby of photography to the next level and attempt to turn it into a business.

She uses a Canon digital camera. A friend of hers has his own winery, and has recently asked her to take photographs of 110 individual wine bottles, presumably for his website.

She has no clue what price to quote for something like this. She ballparks around 2 minutes time per bottle, so about 3 1/2 hours total of shooting time, not including set up etc.

I also overheard her saying she would have to purchase some sore of 'box' to help alter the lighting, which will cost her $80.

Any ideas on an appropriate price for a job like this? Again, sorry for not a ton of pertinent info and thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Any ideas on an appropriate price for a job like this? Again, sorry for not a ton of pertinent info and thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Your sister can visit www.ASMP.org and take advantage of their "Business Resources" tab on the left of their home page. She will find a "Pricing Guide" section that also contains a tutorial on "Use Licensing".

Professional Commercial photographers use the typical business paperwork like contracts, terms and conditions, estimates, and invoices and www.ASMP.org also has a "Paperwork Share" section that has examples.

She can also check out the way Commercial photography is priced and Bing "product photography".

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back