Princeton University Chapel

Could it be the image size you are looking at and it creating a kind of moiré with your monitor? If you click the guys link to his image there is a final huge original size. You have to scroll around to look at it. See if that pattern you see is there.

See. I thought so, too before I initially posted and looked, but it's still there on the larger size. If anything, it's worse!

If it were a moire it would also be there even if I focused on one area, but it disappears when I do. I really think this is some weird optical illusion that only I am seeing. I'm curious what others will say.

Last edited:
No, if it was a moiré it would disappear as you change file size. Its just the dot pattern in the image plays against the resolution of your monitor creating a moré at only certain sizes. Because it disappears proves its a moiré. You know when the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie, its a moiré.

OK, I might get smacked for this but I just can't resist:

Have I suffered a head trauma or do SteveD and Bynx actually appear to be in agreement on something?

On a more relevant note: I like the picture, and I must cast my lot with those who don't see the "cross hatching".

Have I suffered a head trauma or do SteveD and Bynx actually appear to be in agreement on something?

Well, it's not surprising that he should see the error of his ways...

:lol:

On a more relevant note: I like the picture, and I must cast my lot with those who don't see the "cross hatching".

Yeah, I definitely don't see it, and I've tried to see it. I just can't do it. I look at the picture and what I see is a really, really well executed image...

It's deffinitely not Moire. If I block the ceiling with my hand, the effect vanishes entirely.

Well this just goes to show ya. If someone babbles long enough, at some point they are bound to say something right.

Well this just goes to show ya. If someone babbles long enough, at some point they are bound to say something right.

See? And you thought it would never happen for you.

Gotta' have faith, pal. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...

Most reactions

Back