Printing a magazine

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Jus7 A Phas3, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Sup guys, I am looking into printing a magazine. Ive looked into kinkos and other places but then i thought about doing it myself, I went to office max and I found this printer http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/aa/en/ho/WF05a/7519877-7521725-7522383-7522383-12715410-80536659.html

now the guy there said that it is the best printer they have to print a magazine. I need it to print 100 copies of a magazine that is 50 pages each and I was wondering if any here has used this printer and can tell me their experinces with it and if they liked it or if anyone can recomend me another printer that would work better. I need it to be able to print text and pictures on the same page also of course.

Thanks.

2. xstephenx

xstephenx TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have used that printer (my parent's have it at their house). It is a pretty decent photo printer for snap shots, but I didn't test anything of real stubstance on it. I think your main concern will be the amount of ink you'll be buying after you print 5000 pages.

3. Jus7 A Phas3

Jus7 A Phas3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ha, Yeah thats true, I think it might be cheaper just to go with kinkos, its 400 bucks for B&W with those specs for copies and pages but I want to find a cheaper way.

4. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    David Vickers, the editor of CIM Magazine (in my sig) was looking into it and he had found a few options. He might be able to help out.