printing question

iggy38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new to digital photography and am looking for the best places online to have my pictures printed(open to the general public). What do people suggest?

It's probably an advantage to order from some place that won't cost an arm and a leg for shipping....so you probably want something in the same country as you.

Since you haven't listed what country you are in, I'll assume USA.

Check out www.mpix.com

Plenty have recommended MPix.com here. I am going to try them out myself.

I printed a few weeks ago for the 1st time. I sent them to Adorama and was very happy with the results.

I'm not too sure about all the talk on the different printers though. I have to see it for myself. I'm sending a select few of the same prints to Walmart to pick up at the store to compare.

$0.09 per print for my 4x6 shots with no shipping charges is quite a difference over sending them somewhere "recommended". Then again, the trip to Walmart is about 8 miles out of my way and 8 miles back, at $3.85/gallon and 20 mpg, just might already have the savings on shipping charges spent.

+1 to mpix. I've been really happy with them.

thanks I will try mpix. Walmart, shutterlfy, snapfish etc.. the print quality and paper is by no means comparable to prof. grade. Hopefully this will look better! thanks for the help! Great forum

A lot if it depends on the people running the lab/printer. I have used Walmart, Costco, Superstore. One Walmart I used had a good lab manager, so when he worked, the images were good (but not great). I moved across town and I tried a brand new Wal-mart, just to see...and they were absolutely terrible. I could tell right away that they were run though on auto and that nobody (who knew anything) was watching.

thanks I will try mpix. Walmart, shutterlfy, snapfish etc.. the print quality and paper is by no means comparable to prof. grade. Hopefully this will look better! thanks for the help! Great forum
Interesting as MPix uses Kodak Eudora paper, my prints came back from Adorama on Kodak Eudora paper, and my coworker's prints were ready that he ordered at Walmart (not the hour service) and they were on Kodak Eudora paper. I guess you're right....

My coworker did have a bunch of prints that he had done in the store for the hour service. They were on Fuji paper. The 2 day prints ($0.09 pick up at store) that was on the Kodak paper were far nicer than the hour service done on Fuji paper.

winkflash.com gives great looking pictures and there the cheapest place to order from and shipping cost is very low..I love them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back