Problem with a G7x Mark II

Leukos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

I have in my possession a G7x Mark II that I got from a photo booth. Only, I can't operate the buttons and the screen remains black, no matter what. The camera is brand new, no scratch, no impact, internal electronics in great shape...

Nevertheless, I have access to the memory card by connecting it to my computer and by using the gphoto2 tool on Linux I can take pictures, configure the settings and retrieve the pictures on my computer. But the screen remains inanimate and the buttons unusable...

I suspect that there might be a protection that would prevent me to use it normally (considering it was used as a photo booth), or a particular firmware or something like that... I would like to try to update the firmware of the camera but I have absolutely no access to the menus and gphoto2 does not seem to allow me to do the operation either

If someone has a clue on how to force a firmware update from a computer or anything else on this kind of problem, I'd love to hear it. Thanks !

Hello all,

I have in my possession a G7x Mark II that I got from a photo booth. Only, I can't operate the buttons and the screen remains black, no matter what. The camera is brand new, no scratch, no impact, internal electronics in great shape...

Nevertheless, I have access to the memory card by connecting it to my computer and by using the gphoto2 tool on Linux I can take pictures, configure the settings and retrieve the pictures on my computer. But the screen remains inanimate and the buttons unusable...

I suspect that there might be a protection that would prevent me to use it normally (considering it was used as a photo booth), or a particular firmware or something like that... I would like to try to update the firmware of the camera but I have absolutely no access to the menus and gphoto2 does not seem to allow me to do the operation either

If someone has a clue on how to force a firmware update from a computer or anything else on this kind of problem, I'd love to hear it. Thanks !
"The camera is brand new" ... "considering it was used as a photo booth" ...
What psychiatric ward are you writing from?

"The camera is brand new" ... "considering it was used as a photo booth" ...
What psychiatric ward are you writing from?
Sorry that's not what I meant, wanted to say "looks like brand new" it has obviously been used ! But the point I wanted to make is that the camera does not seem to have received any damage, looks like untouched from the outside

Sorry that's not what I meant, wanted to say "looks like brand new" it has obviously been used ! But the point I wanted to make is that the camera does not seem to have received any damage, looks like untouched from the outside
Sounds like it needs to be checked out by a repair technician.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back