Product Light Kits -- are these good deals

rachell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been surfing BHPhoto and ebay looking for a lighting kit to use for product photography, and have found several 'deals', but being a novice in the equipment buying end (I had previously taken product photos at someone elses studio) I couldn't tell if they were good deals or not.

Here is what I've found:
For $139 at ebay I could get a new "
ALZO 250 2 light - 28" Tent Kit" You can see the specs here

Another ebay special is this
"PRO 3 LIGHT PHOTO TENT SOFTBOX CUBE DOME+2 BACKDROPS" here for $298.00

BHPhoto has this kit on sale "
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Impact Digital Medium Lighthouse Kit - consists of: 2 500W Tungsten Floodlights with Reflectors, Shooting Tent (18x18x27.5"), Light Stands, Bulbs - 1000 Total Watts" here for $179.95

[/FONT]Which one of these is the most quality for my buck?

TIA!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
the second one seems to be the best setup to me...three lights can make a fairly big difference over two. but it also is a good bit more expensive than the others. BHphoto is a great place, but they tend to overcharge, so you might want to look into that ebay one instead. BH's ones have more power, but that doesnt usually make a big difference. I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but when using a light tent like that the light 'quality' is quite similar from light to light if using the same tent.

IMO, the pricier set seems to be the nicest, but the cheapest one has the best quality/price ratio.

Most reactions

Back