Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken (handheld) with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 200
570675_012_RA200_01_09_1.jpg

Bigger Here

Just a Sparrow, I was testing a roll of film I've never shot before, some Rite Aid rebranded stuff....da cheap stuffs.

All and all, it works but it seems to have some casting issues, primarily lacking in the blue department, but I'll have to go threw a few more rolls to know for sure.

That lens captures the detail nicely, and the film represents it well, I should say, if I may take that beady little eye as means to measure that. You must have a really steady hand! Good.
I REALLY like sparrows!

I agree with LaFoto (serisouly LaFoto are you the german me?) the shot has come out with a great amount of detail in the bird :)

Thanks guys. Yeah I Do like that lens, but it requires so much light to use being max 5.6. Despite that I have a hard time taking it off the camera, I want to shoot it constantly. As for my stability, in good light I can generally shoot it truly handheld at 1/250, I can also resort to a rifle grip style of hand holding (using a short tripod butted against my shoulder) to shoot from 1/60 if needed, I can shoot it that way at 1/30 as well but only with the Olympus (the Canons mirror smack is visable at 1/30) and I really need to brace my self and employ breathig tequniques. Anything slower than that I neet to put it down and lock it up.

ever thought of flash support for shooting?
I have used it to good effect to use f8 when shooting at around 400mm (70-200mm f2.8 IS + 2*telconverter) and if your about as close as you were to this bird in your shot the flash should be able to hit the bird no problems - course its going to add another level of trickery to shooting but it might be worth looking into

ever thought of flash support for shooting?
I have used it to good effect to use f8 when shooting at around 400mm (70-200mm f2.8 IS + 2*telconverter) and if your about as close as you were to this bird in your shot the flash should be able to hit the bird no problems - course its going to add another level of trickery to shooting but it might be worth looking into

Well, A few things I have to consider are:

I don't have a flash for either camera I have the 400mm f/5.6 for (the Olympus OM-1 or the preferred Canon EF) and would have to buy one. I do have a flash for the AE-1, however the Meter in that is toast at current so it sees little to no use and the Speedlight 155A won't communicate properly with the EF. Additionally the Sync speed on the EF is 1/125, a speed I can already shoot f/8 under normal lighting. In these urban settings f/8 is often acceptable but deeper brings in more of the unnatural structures that I consiously make an effort to minimize or DOF reduce. Another is the fact that I am a walker, I shoot that 400mm most commonly from the hip so to speak. It is actually very rare that I am that close to the subject. I generally save my frames for larger birds often shot from greater distances or on a rare occation under settings where flash photography is prohibited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back