Promiting use of the galleries again

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok whilst the galleries might still be getting a good number of new threads I'm sure many have noticed that they are somewhat lacking nowadays in comments. Whilst we can't force people to comment I do feel that this is partly due to the fact that the newer members don't have to scroll down as far as the galleries in order to post images and that they can instead use the beginners section.

Might it not be an idea that the site reverts back a step to limit the posting of images in the beginners section and thue encourage new members to scroll down a little further to the galleries? Clearly a change like this would require moderator support (since the poor mods would have quite a bit of thread moving in the early days of a new setup) as well as membership support from existing members (ie being mature and using the report feature to flag threads to be moved rather than starting a series of "this is in the wrong place you newb" posts in the thread which benefit no one).

You've got my support. I haven't been here that long, (although I was a lurker for a while) but i've noticed the same thing.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back