Protest New York subway ban on photography

Yay.... NYC is safer now!!! :roll:

What have they done to screen the thousands of containers coming in to the ports each day?

Funny I was just about to go up to Union Square to take a few shots with my new tripod today. But I changed my opinion because I feel rather embarrassed about standing with an entire gear there in the middle of the crowd... Yes, I'm a shy person!

they passed a similar ordinance in boston a few years back. i was shooting at harvard square near the subway entrance. i was asked to stop and leave. my reply? 'no'. do i recommend that response? not in the least, but me; i stand on principle. i was very well prepared to spend hours at fbi headquarters to undergo questioning (as a friend of mine did).

i carry this where ever i go.

With millions camera photos floating around these stupid fools are worried about people taking photographs with bigger (real) camera :roll: :(

motcon said:
they passed a similar ordinance in boston a few years back. i was shooting at harvard square near the subway entrance. i was asked to stop and leave. my reply? 'no'. do i recommend that response? not in the least, but me; i stand on principle. i was very well prepared to spend hours at fbi headquarters to undergo questioning (as a friend of mine did).

Does that only apply to the US? I'd like to see if there's something like that we brits could carry around with us.

I don't understand this. why ban it? You have some fools there. :p

mad_malteaser said:
motcon said:

Does that only apply to the US? I'd like to see if there's something like that we brits could carry around with us.

I read that and printed. But unfortunatelly I'm afraid it only concernes about your US law and regulations. Here we have quite different roghts and I can't find this kind of brochure anywhere, that is concentrated on polish law

yes, that document is specific to the fascist usa. the laws are different in each country. i found the most freedom to shoot when in europe, however; i do not have/did not retain any documentation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back